Saturday, July 15, 2006

Suzie Templeton's dog on YouTube!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I know some people aren't able to watch that streaming clip of Suzie Templeton's Peter and the Wolf, so I cheked YouTube to see if it's been uploaded there in some other format. Scott Radke said he couldn't watch it, and I know it's something he'd really like. Well, I didn't find it there, but I did run across this little gem... Suzie's earlier film Dog. Careful though... this is some extremely dark and intense stuff... if you have a hard time dealing with sickness or death or have a strong affinity for small fuzzy animals you might not want to watch it. No, it's not idiotic mindless blood-dripping violence like you so often see on Adult Swim and so many other 'hip' networks these days.... that's what makes it so disturbing... it's actually extremely well done and deeply moving. The seriousness of her approach makes it far more effective than all the cinematic splattergore from any ten Hollywood bloodfests. Click the image above to see it if you dare. Now if onlyu somebody would upload her university graduation piece Stanley. Oh... one really cool thing... this clip was only upladed yesterday! Thank god for You?Tube's ever-growing database! One day every film you ever wanted to see but never thought you could will be there.

5 comments:

mefull said...

Thanks once again for a great clip Mike I finally had a chance to watch this - powerful stuff and very well done.

Shelley Noble said...

I don't think I'll ever be the mood to watch something that would cauterize itself into my brain. I'm sure it's a well done film though. Peter and the Wolf will be more my speed.

Darkmatters said...

Careful though, P&W might emblazon itself into your liver!

UbaTuber said...

oooooooooooooh, nothing worse than an emblazoned liver.....unless served with a nice Chianti....

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»