Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Work your Walk Week!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yes friends, it's time to walk the walk for stopmo!

New-ish member Federico has launched on a week long period of walk test studies (and the name is his brainchild). Here's what he wrote in his post:

"Hello everybody.

Always trying to learn how to move my wires and give'em some life. This is my first time doing it with a framegrabber, and to celebrate I decided to make a daily walking practice, from monday to friday; so this newbie is going to sweat, oh yes ...

I'll post the results at the end of each day, all your critics and comments will be very welcome and appreciated (as I know nothing, everything helps!); and if somebody wants to join me in the adventure, please, be my guest...

// Federico //"


You can see the entire thread here if you're interested in participating.

Here is Federico's first test

And here's Nick's response

I tried to get involved, but due to ongoing computer problems I still can't get Framethief or Anmimaide XT to connect with my camera!

If you're interested in joining the fun, you can upload your walk tests to StopMoShorts. Please select the Animation Tests section when you upload. This is a great opportunity to get some animatin' experience.... wish I could participate! Hopefully soon......

9 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Schweet new banner, Mike. I like the words too very much, it fits what you do.

UbaTuber said...

Yeah, love the new banner, though its a little small on my computer (same prob you had with mine when I put it up, the border around doesnt match up)...

I wish I had time to walk the walk...great idea...

jriggity said...

im in dood.....Ill try and get one out wed or thursday night.....

part of my flicker test anim.

jriggity

Anonymous said...

I like the new banner too. But it looks like your title tag has an image link in it which is freaking out Bloglines and might cause problems in search engines:

Also, is it my computer or do all your links show up as blue?

I may have an older walk test that I could post...unless the walk project is only for current tests.

Darkmatters said...

Damn! This is what gets me about this here internet.... I finally figure out how to get this to work, and there are new problems!!! Guess I need to mess with it some more.

Darkmatters said...

Grant.... no idea why links show up blue for you.... they're supposed to be a sort of orange.

Of course a new walk would be preferrable, but since I can't animate just now, I went ahead and posted an old Ahab walk test, mostly just so I could point out the technique I used. I think it would be cool to discuss our techniques, how we approach a walk.

Anonymous said...

"Walk Your Walk" and "Talk Your Talk" challenges -- excellent! ...I'm in!

I just posted tonight's walk test (with the 5-legged elder thing pup) over at SMA.

jriggity said...

Hey man,

I gota question for ya??

What film is that archer looking dood in blue lighting, playing the flute from.

The one on your site.

I wana see that film!

and who did it?

jriggity

Darkmatters said...

Ah..... that's the legendary Krysar! It means Pied Piper. The film was made by Jiri Barta and is available at long last right here in the good ol USA! I believe you can oick it up at Amazon now, look for a DVD called Labyrinth of Darkness. One of the coolest stopmo flicks I've ever seen! There are a few clips from it on my site too... unfortunately most of them are silent. Those were some of the firstr clips I encoded for my site, and i thought it was necessary to cut the sound out to get a small enough filesize! Maybe I ought to re-encode them with sound.

And thanks to Grant, he told me how to set up my code so everybody is seeing links in the right color now! Sorry to those who had to suffer through the blue-link syndrome!