Sunday, February 24, 2008

Let's go deeper into MTP... + Prometheus' Garden (delayed AGAIN!!!)


Click the above pic to see a cool blog I just discovered about character animation. I haven't really looked at it yet aside from this one post, but it looks interesting. I've added a link under Blogs - Other (since it's not technically stopmo).



Great interview with Chris and Maciek about Tutli-Putli and their work in general. What really fascinates me is that they say, now that they've become the finest animators I'm aware of, they don't plan to do any more stopmotion films!!! Wha!??!?! Wow... talk about a one-hit wonder!!! Also, loads of insight into the film, might help if you're trying to figure it out.

Also maybe you noticed that Brighteye Pictures still hasn't listed Bruce Bickford's Prometheus' Garden for sale yet!!! It's been pushed back a few times now, and it's driving me crazy!!! He posts only very rarely about it, and in between we must suffer through long bouts of complete silence.... but hey, it means he's working hard, and that's a good thing.

What he did post in his last blog entry was the addy for his upcoming site where the release will now take place: http://www.brettingram.org. So far, if you try it you get a blank page that says only "coming soon". Frustrating!!! But being impatient I did a little snooping.... I tried on a hunch typing in "/store" after that addy, and lo and behold: http://www.brettingram.org/store. You can also see he's releasing a new "Collector's Edition" version of Monster Road.


Here's a direct link to Prom's Garden with full description: Prometheus' Garden + Luck of a Foghorn DVD.

So.... I'd say it's a pretty good bet we'll see the actual release of Prometheus' Garden with the documentary Luck of a Foghorn on March 15! It was exciting finding this, but it feels kind of naughty.... like I found a secret gate into the garden and I'm not supposed to be there yet.... hope nobody tells!

Also, it took me about 2 and a half hours to make this #$%^@@@** post because my *@$@!!$$ computer shut down on me about 15 times.... but this frustration is at an end at long last! I finally took the plunge, went to the Apple Store website and configured a sweet new iMac that will be delivered soonest!!! It's been well over a year since I was able to do any animation with this paperweight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that link. What a great interview! And what an amazing film. I was lucky enough to see it in a theater last week. It was mesmerizing!

Darkmatters said...

Wow.... the legendary Corky Quackenbush!!! I'm honored to have you visit my blog!!!!

jriggity said...

CONGRATS MAN!!!! Its about freakin time?????

itll be a clean fun new machine.

and we get to see some new cool animations!! WoooHoo!

jriggity

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Hot damn! So glad to hear you're getting a new machine!

Just imagining the computer woes you've described makes my head throb...

Shelley Noble said...

Congratulations on the new sweet mac purchase, Mike! Woo hooooo. So glad you did this! Go for it!

Darkmatters said...

Wow, thanks guys!!!

Yeah, it feels great to know it's on its way. Any day now! I really couldn't afford it, but then I couldn't afford NOT to, ya know?

Anonymous said...

Mike-

You haven't been able to get any animation done because your MAC broke?

I was just about a buy a Mac Mini. How did things flip-flop so that a Mac is just as unstable as a Windows machine?

I'm scared now, and wondering if making a film on any platform is always a risk.

Until my PC dies, I'll be blogging with a buttload of progress.

Quick tip: If you want to get a lot done every day, it really works if you set a goal for the day, post what it is, and then come back to it at the end of the day and update the post with what you've done. Eating some chocolate helps too, because you get the energy without the jitters.