Saturday, December 05, 2015

My new film analysis blog has dropped

I've finally gone public with it. It was created to contain my Black Swan analysis, which has been in the works for some time. It's actually not fully finished yet (the Black Swan analysis), but then each time I think it is I end up discovering new stuff that requires further investigation and more writing, so I decided to go ahead and post it - it'll be a work in progress for some time now.

The latest post is a quick stream-of-consciousness writeup on the character web in Marvel's Jessica Jones, the new Netflix series. Turns out it's all built around abuse and trauma, and examines it in many ways, which for me makes it a  very intriguing show. I love when a work of fiction is built around some theme or idea, and I tend toward the more psychological ones, so this is right up my alley. I also am strongly interested in character driven drama, and JJ is an excellent example of that as well.

So, if you're interested in that sort of thing, pop on by and check it out!!

Oh hey - maybe I should post a link!

CinemAnalysis

6 comments:

UbaTuber said...

Google won't let me read the blog, says I am an uninvited guest and calls the interweb bouncers to throw me from the premises...

Darkmatters said...

Huh - that's weird. I had it set up as private until last night, but I made it public before posting this. Maybe there's another checkbox somewhere I need to tick. Thanks for letting me know, I'll get this fixed.

Darkmatters said...

Yep - found it, ticked it, now it should be public. I'll keep digging around, there might be more of those insidious little bastards lurking..

Retention Knobs said...

We "US Shop Tools" manufacturer & Supplier Of Best Round Jaws,Lathe jaws,Strong Chuck jaws,Soft & Hard jaws,Nuts,Machine tools,Metalworking,etc.based in USA

best website designers in Germany said...

One of the main differences between professional content and amateur content is actually not the quality of the text, but the layout and design of the content.

best software development companies in Japan

best software development companies in Japan said...

We've been crafting beautiful websites, launching stunning brands and making clients happy for years with our prestigious craftsmanship, remarkable client care and a passion for developing easy solutions for complex business requirements.